The Government of Canada will maximize access to federally funded scientific research to encourage greater collaboration and engagement with the scientific community, the private sector, and the public.
• Develop and publish a government-wide Open Science Implementation Plan with specific activities and milestones, including the following:
- Public consultations on the implementation of open science;
- Launch of open access to publications and data resulting from federally funded scientific activities;
- Development and adoption of policies, guidelines and tools to support effective stewardship of scientific data; and
- Promotion of the adoption of open science standards in Canada.
• Establish an online service to enable a one-stop search for publications and data resulting from federal scientific activities.
• Develop inventories of federal scientific data and initiate the public release of data.
• Publish and maintain a consolidated online list of peer-reviewed articles by Government of Canada scientists dating back to 2012.
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Thursday, June 30, 2016