Follow the Money, Open Government
If people can’t follow the money, then government isn’t open. If people can follow the money, they can hold governments to account and help to ensure that public monies are invested in meeting citizens’ needs and promoting socially inclusive growth, rather than being wasted and lost to corruption.
This session will give participants an opportunity to learn from each other’s experiences of trying to follow the money and help to shape an emerging Follow the Money network.
· Jamie Drummond (ONE) / Rufus Pollock (Open Knowledge Foundation)
· Chair - Robert Hunja (World Bank)
· Speaker - Justin Arenstein (African Media Initiative)
· Speaker - Rocio Moreno, (Global Movement for Budget Transparency, Accountability and Participation)
· Speaker - Seember Nyager (Public and Private Development Centre, Nigeria)
· Martin Tisne (Omidyar Network)
· Oluseun Onigbinde (BudgIT, Nigeria)