Open Contracting is the collaborative effort to support and advance a global agenda for increased disclosure and participation at all stages of the contracting process. The Open Contracting Partnership works across sectors, regions and stakeholder groups.
The open contracting high-level panel will primarily focus on:
1) exploring the value of openness in contracting;
2) highlighting the connections between open contracting and other efforts in the “open” space;
3) reflecting on the impact that openness in contracting is having and can continue to have on the everyday lives of citizens around the world.
As such, the high-level panel will serve as an opportunity to discuss emerging open contracting practices across regions and key sectors.
The World Bank Institute
List of confirmed speakers for session is as follows:
· Sanjay Pradhan, Vice President, The World Bank (moderator)
· Jane Dudman, Editor-in-Chief, The Guardian's Public Leaders Network
· Francis Maude, Minister for the Cabinet Office, UK
· Beth Noveck, Founder and Director, GovLab
· Julián Olivas, Acting Minister, Función Pública, Government of Mexico