This session will introduce the “Open Private Sector Platform” sponsored by the World Bank. This aims to promote the role of the private sector in open development and accelerate the uptake of Shared Value practices at massive scale.
Participants will hear from several companies in the developed and developing world who have increased their competitiveness while tackling social, governance or sustainability issues through open practices.
The aim is to discuss how corporations and SMEs can adopt behaviours that drive greater social impact while also creating business value what the role of government, civil society and donor organizations should be to support these aims.
· Benjamin Herzberg, Program Lead, Private Sector Engagement for Good Governance, World Bank
@Benj_Herzberg of @WorldBank
· Chris Taggart, Founder and CEO, OpenCorporates
@CountCulture of @Opencorporates
· Robert Clarke, Founder, Ecodesk
· David Bonbright, CEO, Keystone Accountability and Founding Partner of Feedback Labs
· Katherine Frauscher, Open Contracting Team, WBI
· Eric Gillespie , CEO, Govini
· Nicko Debenham, Director – Head of Cocoa, Armajaro Trading Limited
@nickolcc3ojodu of #Armajaro
· In Channy, President & CEO of ACLEDA Bank Plc, Cambodia
· Marc Pfitzer, Managing Director, Head of Geneva office, Shared Value Initiative and FSG
@FSGtweets and #SharedValue