Public-Private Partnerships to Support Open Government
Around the world businesses are helping to develop innovative new ways of increasing government transparency and accountability. This session aims to:
· Highlight innovative partnerships between the public and private sectors that use technology to assist transparent and accountable government and citizen engagement;
· Highlight ways that the private sector and civil society can work together to increase government accountability
· Encourage leadership from the private sector to work with governments and civil society to advance the OGP’s goals
· Explore incentives, motivations and obstacles to robust engagement by the private sector in support of OGP;
Spur new ideas for how governments, corporations and civil society may partner to advance transparent and accountable government.
This discussion will provide a starting point for the first meeting of the Ad hoc task team to explore ways of incorporating the private sector into the OGP in the future.
· Sir Nigel Shadbolt, Chairman, Open Data Institute
· Oliver Bell, Chief Technology Officer, Microsoft
· Juliana Rotich, Ushahidi and iHub Kenya
· Nigel Sizer, Director, Forest Initiative and Global Forest Watch 2.0, World Resources Institute
· Lawrence Sperling, Senior Advisor, Global Partnership Initiative, U.S. Department of State.firstname.lastname@example.org