Webinar on Proactive Transparency - Tuesday February 19th at 10am EST
The Open Government Partnership Networking Mechanism is pleased to announce a Webinar on Proactive Transparency taking place on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM EST. We hope you can join us. Please see the details below.
REGISTER for this webinar here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFhkeUNycFV6ZksyUUxMN1BBU2QyYWc6MA
JOIN the Webinar here (login 5 minutes before the scheduled time): http://worldbankva.adobeconnect.com/ogpweb/
Date & Time:
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
10:00 - 11:00 AM Washington DC | 4:00 - 5:00 PM Madrid | 3:00 - 4:00 PM London
1. Does the right of access to information imply that governments must publish information without an access to information request?
2. Which information should be prioritized? What types of information are becoming emerging international standards as part of government obligations to publish proactive information?
3. What is the relationship between “open data” and proactively published information?
4. What are good practices from different countries around the world?
5. What should the proactive publication priorities be for countries which are members of the Open Government Partnership?
These are some of the key questions about proactive publication of information which will be discussed during this webinar led by Helen Darbishire of Access Info Europe and Kevin Dunion of the Centre for Freedom of Information at the University of Dundee.
Helen Darbishire, Founder and Executive Director, Access Info Europe
Kevin Dunion, Honorary Professor and Executive Director of the Centre for Freedom of Information at the School of Law, University of Dundee
The Open Government Partnership webinar series is an initiative of the OGP Networking Mechanism to encourage peer learning and knowledge sharing on critical open government issues among civil society, government, and private sector participants. It is hosted by the World Bank Institute