Open Government Partnership Hack Day - Brasilia 2012
hack•er/ˈhakər/ NOUN: An enthusiastic and skillful computer programmer or user.
In tandem with its annual meeting, the Open Government Partnership is hosting a Hack Day on April 17-18, 2012, to use public data to write applications, develop analyses and create visualizations that expand our perspectives and generate lessons from public information.
The OGP Hack Day is an opportunity to release the power of public sector data—using analysis and visualization to shed light on public policies, improve services, and foster new ideas for a more efficient government and a more participatory society.
Developers, designers, statisticians, policy wonks, people who love data, or anyone who is simply curious can join this two day effort to explore data within the spirit of OGP: Through productive hacking (coding), we will collectively make the case for openness.
Any individual or organization interested in participating.
How to participate?
Send your name, country and organization to email@example.com
9:30am on April 17, 2012 to 5:30pm on April 18, 2012
Ulysses Guimarães Convention Center
- Help OGP visualize the depth and breadth of member country commitments to open government in new and compelling ways
- Develop apps, graphs, and trends analysis from OGP countries’ open data
- Share ideas with people in different positions and from different countries
- Learn more about open data, government data and what people are doing around the globe, especially in OGP countries
- Help spread the power of open
- Have fun!
What Data will Hackers Use?
- A newly created database of government commitments around transparency, accountability and participation covering approximately 50 OGP member countries
- Additional data sets related to OGP grand challenges
What should I bring?
You should bring your computer and any other devices you desire. Wi-Fi, refreshments and lunch will be provided by OGP.
Who is involved in helping organize?
The Brazilian Government , Transparência Hacker and numerous other open data experts are helping OGP organize OGP Hack Day.