2021 OGP Global Events Consultants
The Open Government Partnership (OGP) is seeking applications for consultants to support the coordination of OGP events remaining in 2021. This includes the 7th OGP Global Summit, as well as other virtual webinars, workshops, and gatherings.
About the OGP Global Summit: Together with OGP, the Government of the Republic of Korea is hosting the 7th OGP Global Summit in Seoul, Republic of Korea, and virtually in December 2021. OGP Global Summits provide an opportunity for representatives of government, civil society, and others to exchange experiences, best practices, and progress on open government initiatives and implementation. Previous Summits have been held in Canada, Georgia, France, Mexico, United Kingdom, and Brazil and have had thousands of participants each.
Deliverables for OGP Global Summit support: The consultant(s) will perform a variety of tasks related to OGP events and/or the OGP Global Summit, which could include:
- Coordinating within the OGP SU and between the SU and host government teams to track, communicate, and support overall OGP Global Summit management and deliverables on a range of issues including agenda development, participant communications, and event logistics and protocol.
- Liaising with the SU and host government teams to coordinate Summit and pre-Summit event logistics and ensure that the virtual or live production will sufficiently and smoothly support the agenda.
- Attending and supporting internal and external planning meetings and calls; draft agendas, circulate minutes, and follow up on next steps.
- Supporting post-Summit follow up, including a survey and evaluation process.
- Working closely with the Senior Events Officer and other team members.
About other OGP events: Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, OGP has hosted or supported dozens of virtual co-creation and peer-learning webinars and workshops toward enhancing ambition and implementation of OGP action plans. Additional thematic, regional, and country-specific gatherings are planned through the end of 2021. These events are primarily held on Zoom and include a mix of public and private engagements, remote simultaneous interpretation to support multilingual and inclusive participation, high level government and civil society speakers, interactive dialogue, and breakout sessions.
Deliverables for General Events support: The consultant will perform a variety of tasks related to OGP events, which could include:
- Communicating and coordinating with teams within the OGP Support Unit (SU) to support the planning, logistics, and communications for OGP webinars and workshops.
- Hosting and supporting the technical implementation and logistics of OGP Meetings and Webinars on Zoom.
- Serving as a point of contact for interpreters for various OGP events – scheduling Meetings and Webinars, technical testing, sharing of materials, troubleshooting on Zoom
- Supporting project management tasks with the lead event organizer, which could include sending and following up on invites, preparing and consolidating invite lists, drafting invite letters, and other related planning tasks.
- Helping to ensure coordination across teams on sequencing and scheduling of events.
- On behalf of the lead event organizer, coordinating with relevant Support Unit teams for each event – including, but not limited to, Communications, Analytics and Insights.
- Working closely with the Senior Events Officer and members of the Country Support+ teams.
Experience and Skills needed:
- Applicant must be proficient in using and hosting Meetings and Webinars on Zoom; experience with other digital tools and platforms is a bonus
- Relevant experience in non-profit event management, ideally with a range of actors, including peers, governments, civil society, and vendors
- Ability to manage projects, with strong attention to detail and cross-team collaboration, including sharing information to update both on progress and setbacks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to thrive in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, virtual team setting with colleagues based around the world
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate time zone differences and to ensure the success of the 7th OGP Global Summit
- The consultant will be expected to have the capacity to work remotely and provide for their own equipment and a reliable internet connection.
Term of Consultancy:
- July 2021 – December 31, 2021
- Part-time and full-time opportunities available
- Consultant(s) will be based remotely, but applicants in Africa, Europe, and Asia are highly preferred due to time zone differences.
How to Apply
- Applicants will be considered for all roles, but please indicate the following in your application: your availability and preference for full-time or part-time employment, whether you have a preference for supporting general OGP events or the OGP Global Summit in particular.
- Compensation commensurate with requirements and experience
- Kindly apply for this position by sending your CV and cover letter to this link. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Because of the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to every applicant. We thank applicants in advance for their expressions of interest.