Participation and Co-Creation Standards
Collaboration between government, Civil society organizations (CSOs) are indispensable actors in the OGP process. Governments are required to engage with civil society toward a clear and open process of participation. Civil society ma... is at the heart of the OGP process. The Collaboration between government, civil society and other stakeholders is at the heart of the OGP process. The Participation and Co-Creation Standards are intended to support this collaboration throug... are intended to support this collaboration throughout all stages of the OGP Action plans are at the core of a government’s participation in OGP. They are the product of a co-creation process in which government and civil society jointly develop commitments to open governmen... cycle, from development through to implementation and monitoring. They include five Standards, each of which lays out a clear set of All OGP participating countries are expected to adhere to the Participation and Co-Creation Standards. Each Standard includes clear and measurable minimum requirements that all OGP participating count..., together with approaches and best practices to apply them. See the OGP National Handbook for guidance on implementation.
The Standards include:
- Standard 1: Establishing a space for ongoing dialogue and collaboration between government, civil society and other non-governmental stakeholders.
- Standard 2: Providing open, accessible and timely information about activities and progress within a member’s participation in OGP.
- Standard 3: Providing inclusive and informed opportunities for Giving citizens opportunities to provide input into government decision-making leads to more effective governance, improved public service delivery, and more equitable outcomes. Technical specificatio... during co-creation of the action plan.
- Standard 4: Providing a Ongoing dialogue between stakeholders during the development of an OGP action plan is critical to the plan’s success. Specifically, communicating back to stakeholders the ideas received and decision... and ensuring ongoing dialogue between government and civil society and other non-governmental stakeholders as appropriate during co-creation of the action plan.
- Standard 5: Providing inclusive and informed opportunities for ongoing dialogue and collaboration during implementation and monitoring of the action plan.
The full text of the Standards can be found here.
See also: OGP Minimum Requirements