Endorsed by the Steering Committee, the 2019 Implementation Plan is organized around five overall organizational priorities:
- Provide world-class support to OGP national and local participants to support better and more inclusive co-creation, more ambitious Action Plans – especially on thematic priorities – and better implementation;
- Advocate globally for openness and democracy, including through OGP’s first major campaign on gender and inclusion, and position OGP as pivotal implementation platform to translate global promises into country action;
- Support targeted learning, facilitate collective action, and strengthen partnerships to demonstrate greater ambition on OGP’s thematic priorities;
- Enhance OGP’s research, learning and capacity building program and become a widely accessible resource for stakeholders across the partnership for knowledge and innovation;
- Strengthen OGP’s core institutional functions to sustain and support the Support Unit and IRM in the areas of governance, finance/accounting, human resources, fundraising and technological infrastructure.