Chief, Independent Reporting Mechanism (IRM)
OGP is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with substantial experience in the governance sector and research management to serve as the Independent Reporting Mechanism (IRM) Chief. This position offers the opportunity to lead a unique multi-country governance assessment effort, working directly with governments and civil society from more than 90 countries and local entities. The Chief IRM is responsible for the strategic, programmatic and budgetary direction and oversight of the IRM program. In addition, this role will also be charged with overseeing IRM program staff and engaging decision-making bodies of OGP to achieve the program’s goals and strategic objectives.
More specific job duties will include:
- Establish and lead the IRM program strategy and vision.
- Engage different decision-making bodies of OGP and IRM to attain the programmatic and financial resources the IRM needs to fulfill its mandate.
- Ensure that OGP’s relevant governance bodies and the Support Unit are well-briefed and substantively engaged with work of IRM as appropriate;
- Oversee achievement of IRM program goals, objectives and results.
- Foster and manage a healthy working environment for IRM program staff.
- Contribute to the strategic leadership of OGP SU-IRM by participation in Management and Senior Leadership Teams.
- Convene the International Expert Panel (IEP) of the IRM to oversee processes related to IRM strategic vision, maintaining the IRM reporting framework, content and quality assurance of IRM reports.
- Solve issues and concerns that are escalated from implementation of IRM program related activities.
- Oversee the roll-out strategy for IRM dissemination and outreach efforts in tandem with IRM Deputy Director and other OGP SU staff
- Collaborate and coordinate with OGP Support Unit (SU) to develop guidance and publications consistent with IRM findings.
- Oversee a team of as many as 8 staff, with at least 3-4 direct reports, multiple consultants, and more than 90 local researchers or research teams.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Political Science, Public Policy, International Relations, Law, Economics, or a closely related field; and 8 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in the same or similar occupation.
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Political Science, Public Policy, International Relations, Law, Economics, or a closely related field; and 6 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in the same or similar occupation.
Must have 5 years of experience in the governance sector, specifically focusing on transparency and accountability initiatives; 5 years of experience in project management that involves governments, civil society and relationship management with multiple stakeholders; 5 years of experience working directly with governments and/or civil society organizations coming from a variety of regional and developmental contexts; 5 years of experience managing program budgets, donor reporting and fundraising; and 5 years of experience collaborating with and managing a large number of staff/consultants in dispersed international locations to deliver time-sensitive outputs on deadline.
APPLICATION DETAILS / TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
This position is based out of OGP’s Washington, DC offices. International travel is required up to 30% of the time. To apply, please send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Government Partnership is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified differently abled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.