Senior Human Resources Officer
WHY WORK WITH US
Do you want to help improve the lives of people around the world? We invite you to join Open Government Partnership (OGP) and our talented team of passionate change agents working to promote open, transparent and participative governance globally. Not only will you be doing interesting and meaningful work, but you will also have opportunities for continued professional and career growth while you do so. All of this in an environment that encourages you to do your best both at work and home. Finally, we offer a competitive salary with a generous benefits package. The expected starting range for this position is €58,000 – €78,000 per annum, commensurate with your experience.
The Senior Human Resources Officer is responsible for helping to create a forward leaning and people-centric employment experience within OGP. This position is the first point of contact for questions regarding policy, procedures and best practice across the many countries where OGP has staff. The Senior HR Officer will work closely with the Director of Human Resources in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Employee Experience & Relations – 60%
- Advises managers and staff on people-related policies, procedures and best practices as applied in their jurisdiction
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with the development and implementation of people policies and procedures
- Collaborates with the Director of Human Resources to create innovative learning and development programs and opportunities for staff at all levels
- Supports the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Working Group in the planning and implementation of OGP’s ongoing efforts to create an environment where everyone feels they can contribute their best work
- Monitors and stays updated on changes in employment legislation among countries that OGP has staff
Resourcing & Onboarding – 20%
- Advises hiring managers on candidate attraction and selection with the aim of developing a talented and diverse team
- Coordinates new hire orientation and provides ongoing support to OGP new hires and their managers
- Oversees OGP’s internship program. Supports managers and interns in making each engagement a successful development opportunity
- Collaborates closely with OGP’s Communications team to promote OGP’s brand as an employer of choice
HR Operations – 20%
- Analyzes trends in compensation & benefits and makes recommendations during benefit renewals & compensation reviews for a globally distributed workforce.
- Manages the relationships with OGP’s benefits suppliers
- Participates in the review and approval of global payroll
- Works with managers to develop learning and development plans for staff
- Conducts OGP’s staff satisfaction survey
- Support staff exiting the organization and capture their feedback through exit interviews
- Collects, analyzes and draws conclusions from people-related data
- Manages people-related projects and programs as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in human resources or related field
- Significant experience providing high quality HR support to a geographically dispersed or multi-location organization
- Experience providing HR support in a European country
- Experience providing HR support within multiple countries and/or jurisdictions is a plus, as well as experience with global compensation and benefits benchmarking
- Professional accreditation appropriate for your location
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of your local employment laws, knowledge of more than one country is preferred
- Ability to critically analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism and diplomacy
- Humility, intellectual curiosity and a healthy sense of humor
This position is based in Berlin, Brussels or London. Kindly apply for this position by sending your C.V, and cover letter here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Because of the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to every applicant. We thank applicants in advance for their expressions of interest.
This position involves regular office activities in both homeworking and office environments. This may include frequently sitting for long periods of time and occasionally requires walking, lifting (no more than 20 pounds), carrying (no more than 20 pounds), reaching, kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending and crouching. Rarely requires climbing. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
Office is handicapped accessible and located close to public transportation. Workspaces may be open plan and shared with other organizations. Occasional travel may be required to OGP events/meetings via (long-haul) flights in economy class. This position may also involve home working and, if so, requires the individual to maintain a suitable and safe environment in which to work. OGP provides an ergonomic benefit to assist in setting up home offices.