Democracy Beyond the Ballot Box: OGP Global Report Highlights
The event has now ended. You can access the recording of below and the presentation here.
OGP released its first comprehensive assessment of the state of open government at the OGP Global Summit in Ottawa. The OGP Global Report provides a thorough and honest review of progress made by OGP members in the first eight years of the partnership.
The report examines a vast amount of the world’s governance data, across multiple dimensions of democracy and openness, specifically looking at three areas of progress and next steps:
- Collective results: OGP countries’ progress based on aggregate indicators of openness.
- Priority policy areas: OGP countries’ progress in three key areas: civic space, anti-corruption initiatives, and public service delivery.
- Member pages: Stories of individual member countries’ progress across their OGP action plans and against key indicators of openness, as measured by third-party indicators.
Join us at the Open Gov Hub to discuss the many parts of the report, including overall findings and OGP member progress in the areas of civic space, anti-corruption, and public services. We’ll also discuss how to use member pages from the new report and bring together data users from government and civil society with the data producers from contributing organizations.
- Joseph Foti, Chief Research Officer, OGP
- Natalia Domagala and Sam Roberts, Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport, UK Government
- Joseph Kraus, Policy Director, Transparency & Accountability, The ONE Campaign
- Jamison Crowell, ODIN Project Manager, Open Data Watch
- Alicia Evangelides, Director, Rule of Law Index, World Justice Project
- Georg Neumann, Senior Manager, Communications and Engagement, Open Contracting Partnership
- Sarah Orton-Vipond, Manager, Business Development and Partnerships, Development Gateway
- Thursday, October 10, 2019
- 10:00AM – 11:30AM EDT
- Open Gov Hub, 1110 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 2005