Local Roundup | July 2023
Here’s our monthly roundup of updates from the OGP Local community for July 2023.
- Quintana Roo, Mexico delivered its second action plan where they commit to co-creating a Strategic Plan for Sustainable Development, advancing on an anti-corruption and environment co-creation roundtable, and improving their Budget Transparency platform and public registry of property and commerce.
- Montevideo, Uruguay held an open discussion for all citizens to advance the co-creation of its first open government plan.
- Asturias, Spain began co-creating their second action plan, committing to consolidating a more transparent, participatory, and accountable government.
- Santo Domingo de los Tsachilas, Ecuador informed citizens of the 2024 participatory budget guidelines through the Citizen Assembly. They also shared online tools available to receive environmental complaints in compliance with its first action plan.
- 200 trees were already planted in the municipality of Corrientes, Argentina as part of their commitment to urban tree planting and through citizen participation and transparency.
- Sao Paulo, Brazil launched the Open Government Agents Program consultation. The initiative will select up to 36 projects in nine categories to train and engage citizens in the Open Government agenda.
- Osasco, Brazil shared the call to participate in the multi-year participatory plan that the federal government is carrying out and directly influences the lives of citizens.
- Rosario, Argentina completed the vote on the participatory budget where more than 22,000 citizens participated. The Municipality of Rosario will execute seven winning projects in 2024.
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
- Beni Mellal- Khenifra, Morocco, carried out the Regional Open Government Forum to raise awareness about open government and the inclusion of women, youth, and people with disabilities.
- Open government reformers in Catalonia, Spain, and Nuevo León, Mexico, met to share their experiences on the participation of youth, open data, and anti-corruption.
- Accountability Lab is hosting the third HackCorruption event to identify and support talented individuals from the civic tech, CSO, and activist arenas, to build innovative solutions to combat corruption. The next event will be in Bogota, Colombia in August.
- Nobody can deny that Kenya’s Open Institute’s trainings for #dataleaders are vibing!
- The OGP Local team held online informational sessions on the 2023 call for new members. Access the recordings here. Applications open on September 6.