The Value of Civil Society
Join us on March 16 at 13:00-14:30 CET as the OGP Democratic Freedoms Learning Network (DFLN) will host a webinar to explore the value of civil society and how expanding civic space can help make countries more resilient and successful. The webinar will look at the vital role that civil society plays in responding to crises, combating corruption, improving governance, tackling complex challenges, and achieving better outcomes for people.
The conversation will draw on evidence from OGP’s Skeptic’s Guide to Open Government and the OECD’s Global Report on Civic Space, as well as experience from government and civil society leaders across the partnership.
- Anabel Cruz, Founder Director, Institute for Communication and Development Uruguay, OGP Co-Chair
- Claire McEvoy, Policy Analyst, Lead on Civic Space at OECD
- Wanjiru Gikonyo, Advocate for good governance and accountability, Kenya
- Ott Karulin, OGP Point of Contact, Government of Estonia, OGP Co-Chair
- Peter Noolander, Consultant and Co-Author of OGP Skeptic’s Guide
- Oleksandr Yarema, State Secretary, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
The webinar will be in English. Spanish and Ukrainian interpretation will be provided.