Webinar: Public Participation
- Carolyn Lukensmeyer, Founder and President, AmericaSpeaks
- David Stern, Director of Online Engagement, AmericaSpeaks
Open Government practitioners understand how to implement transparency and open data initiatives, but for many, public participation remains vague. In this webinar, the Global Voices team will:
- Discuss key strategies for creating meaningful participation opportunities where the public and stakeholders can have a genuine voice in influencing policy.
- Present brief case studies about online and face-to-face tools for public participation, including town meetings, “crowdsourcing” platforms, and social media.
- Explore ways to use public input in the development and implementation of participants’ Open Government Action Plans
Date and Time
Wednesday, February 22, 2012