What Makes a Good Open Government Story?
Thanks for joining us for our storytelling workshops!
Together we explored the craft and purpose of writing about open government with clarity and impact. In the open government world, there are a lot of stories that deserve to be told. Stories of reformers that make changes to the way democracies serve their citizens. Stories of communities that work together to improve their lives. We want to help those stories come to life!
We learned what makes a good story, how to persuade and inform, and how to engage a global audience. Participants had the opportunity to think through different parts of their own stories in preparation for submitting them to OpenStories, a storytelling platform for the open government community.
- Find recordings of all three sessions here.
- Find slide decks from the workshop section in English and Spanish.
- Find materials from our guest speakers:
- Rowan Emslie (Clean Air Task Force): Website | Story
- Isabelle Kermeen (Integrity Action): Website | Slide Deck | Story
- Sasha Twining (BBC): Website
- Sophie Abache (Open Contracting Partnership): Website | Story
- Romina Colman (Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project): Website | Slide Deck with Stories
- Cindy Romero (International Budget Partnership): Website | Slide Deck | Story
Write Your Story