How Can We Get EU Recovery Right?
Join us on March 15!
On March 15, 10:00-11:00 CET, the Open Government Partnership hosted an online conversation on the EU Recovery and Resilience Facility, an essential mechanism to combat the challenges faced by EU member states as they rebuild economies and livelihoods in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The conversation brought together representatives from the European Commission, national governments, and civil society to discuss how – and why it is so important – to ensure openness of recovery spending.
This conversation followed on from a policy roundtable that OGP convened in partnership with the Open Spending EU Coalition on 23 November 2021. The policy roundtable focused on how European governments and institutions, as well as civil society, can apply open government values to the implementation of the EU Recovery and Resilience Facility for a more fair, effective recovery. Through the roundtable discussion, we gathered key ideas and recommendations for how to get EU recovery right. The upcoming conversation on 15th March will lay out a vision of how to implement these recommendations.
- Ints Dālderis, Special Advisor, Ministry of Finance, Government of Latvia
- Helen Darbishire, Executive Director, Access Info Europe
- Céline Gauer, Director General, Head of the Recovery and Resilience Task Force, European Commission
- Marcella Panucci, Head of Cabinet, Ministry for Public Administration, Government of Italy
- Paul Maassen, Chief, Country Support, OGP Support Unit
Watch the recording: