Webinar: Applying Feminist Open Government Lens to Action Plans
Openness is more than simply publishing data and information. It requires dedicated resources, time and energy towards a diversity of views, cultures and people. As the 2018-19 Government Chair of the Open Government Partnership (OGP) Steering Committee, the Government of Canada has partnered with the Open Government Partnership (OGP) to deliver this webinar series on the topic of open and inclusive government. The series profiles some engagement best-practices that could be applied to OGP processes, as well as specific initiatives that are designed to increase the involvement of diverse groups in government decision-making. In order to properly serve the diversity of citizen-needs, governments, along with civil society, must take an empathic and co-creative approach in their consultations. For this particular session, participants will learn about what the OGP is working on to help advance gender equality as well as best practices for integrating a Gender Based Analysis + perspective into the design of open government commitments.
- Jillian LeBlanc, Outreach and Engagement Officer, Open Government, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Government of Canada
- Kosisochukwu Nnebe, Policy Analyst, Gender-Based Analysis +, Department of Women and Gender Equality
- Allison Merchant, Senior Gender Advisor, Open Government Partnership and Results for Development
- Heidi Marina Canobre, National Director of Technical Advice in the National Women’s Institute
- Jamila Jawula Farouk, member of Open Heroines