On 4 December, 2012, members of the OGP steering committee gathered in London. Some of those present at the photocall towards the end of the day included Dr Mo Ibrahim, one of the new International Expert Panel members, UK Cabinet Office Minister Francis Maude, Tara Hidayat from the Indonesian President’s Delivery Unit and Rakesh Rajani, Tanzanian civil society representative with the OGP and founder of the Twaweza organisation. Among the agenda items were:
- Peer learning and support (also the subject of a separate meeting involving new OGP participant countries on 5 December)
- How OGP can engage with international and multilateral organisations
- The launch of the Independent Reporting Mechanism which will help hold countries to their OGP commitments
- Government funding of OGP, and;
- The committee and the lead co-chair’s (UK government) vision for OGP’s second year and beyond.
More photos can be found on the OGP Flickr channel.