Letters and Responses
On this page the Support Unit plans to regularly post documents that have been circulated to Steering Committee members, as well as a response from the Steering Committee if applicable. Documents will be listed in the order they were sent to the SC, starting with the most recent.
If you have further questions please direct them to the Support Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 22, 2018 – Letter of commitment from Government of Montenegro
- June 28, 2018 – Criteria and Standards response
- December 18, 2017 – Letter from Minister of Justice of Bosnia and Herzegovina to OGP CEO (Letter)
- September 22, 2017 – OGP Support Unit’s letter of support to Kigoma Uijiji Municipality
- September 21, 2017 – Letter informing ending of Turkey’s participation in OGP
- September 19, 2017 – Letter from Mexican Civil Society to the Steering Committee – English | Spanish
- September 12, 2017 – Co-chair’s letter of response to Tanzania’s withdrawal from OGP
- August 17, 2017 – Tanzania’s Letter of Withdrawal from OGP
- July 29, 2016 – Steering Committee response letter to CSO letter of April 29, with corresponding concept note
- June 14, 2017 – Statement from OGP Steering Committee Co-Chairs on Recent Withdrawal by Mexican Civil Society from National OGP Platform
- May 23, 2017 – Letter from Mexican Civil Society
- April 29, 2016 – Open letter from 64 CSOs on how to strengthen OGP
- March 28, 2016 – OGP civil society co-chairs statement condemning recent murders in Honduras and urge government to protect civic space
- November 2015 – Clarifying Note on the presence of the Transparency Accountability Initiative on the OGP Steering Committee
- October 5, 2015 – Letter from Spanish CSOs on the OGP Process in Spain (Revised version posted October 9)
- September 29, 2015 – OGP Civil Society Co-Chairs Call on President Rousseff to Protect CGU
- August 20, 2015 – Letter from Peruvian CSOs on the OGP Process in Peru
- February 21, 2015 – OGP Civil Society Co-chairs Statement on the General Transparency Law in Mexico
- November 11, 2014 – OGP Steering Committee Statement on IRM Researcher in Montenegro
- July 21, 2014 – Government of Brazil’s Response to Open Letter from Brazilian CSOs
- July 14, 2014 – Open Letter from Coalition of Brazilian CSOs on the OGP Process in Brazil
- December 17, 2013 – Statement of Concern on Disproportionate Surveillance signed by 110+ civil society groups.
- April 24, 2013 – Eligibility for All Countries, 2013. Response time – 4 working days.
- February 21, 2013 – Clarification from the OGP Steering Committee on the OGP’s role in assessing country performance.
- February 13, 2013 – Undersecretary Richard Moya’s response to the open letter from the CLD/ IFOI. Sent to SC 3 working days after receipt.
- February 11, 2013 – Open letter from the Centre for Law and Democracy and the Institute for Freedom of Information on FOI bill in the Philippines. Sent to SC 6 working days after receipt.