Informed Participation: Workshop on Designing Public Deliberation Processes
This publication is Volume III of The Deliberation Series, a collection of papers on public deliberation, researched and written by The Open Government Partnership’s Practice Group on Dialogue and Deliberation.
This resource contains a toolkit for a two-day workshop on designing public deliberation processes. The contents of the kit are based on Volumes I and II of The Deliberation Series. The key sections of the workshop can be broken out into modules and used independently. The kit contains four tools:
- The Annotated Agenda identifies the workshop sessions and their objectives, defines a broad plan for the discussion, sets milestones, and allots the time for different sessions.
- The Presentation Slides follow the steps set out in the Guide (Vol II), summarizing its key steps. The trainer uses them to lead the workshop.
- The Participant Workbook contains material for three breakout sessions in which participants will develop the “terms of reference” for an issue of their choosing.
- The Trainer’s Guide provides some speaking notes, suggestions, and tips for the Trainer on how to present the slides.
- Informed Participation – Workshop on Designing Public Deliberation Practices (Facilitator’s Guide and Workbook)
- Informed Participation – Making Engagement Work (Presentation Slides)