Open Response + Open Recovery in Europe: What’s Next?
This event has already occurred.
- Watch the lightning talks here.
- Read a blog about the event here.
- Find resources discussed during the webinar below.
Materials supporting the lightning talks and referenced by the speakers are available here:
- OGP’s Open Response + Open Recovery campaign homepage
- Website of Civic Initiatives, the report State of Civil Society in Serbia – Potential Covid-19 Impact and mapping of needs of Serbian CSOs and their beneficiaries.
- Website of ProZorro and post by Vasyl Zadvornyy on the Open Contracting Partnership’s blog.
- Website of Corona-Warn-App & further information about the app on the website of the Federal Government of Germany.
Resources discussed in some of the break-out groups:
- Recordings of this and the other Open Response + Open Recovery Digital Forum webinars can also be found on our YouTube page.
About the Webinar
Countries around the world are facing unprecedented challenges arising from COVID-19. OGP recently launched the Open Response + Open Recovery global campaign to ensure our fundamental values of transparency, participation, inclusivity, and accountability are forefront as countries move through the pandemic response, recovery, and eventually to a longer-term re-imagining of how government serves its citizens.
In this regional discussion for Europe, we looked at the role of the OGP community and how the OGP platform can be strategically and effectively used in the response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges it has created. The discussion also explored the impact of the pandemic response on fundamental freedoms, civic space and civil society in the region.
We kicked off the event with four lightning talks before heading into small group discussions.
- Sanjay Pradhan, CEO, Open Government Partnership
- Bojana Selaković, Program Director, Civic Initiatives, Serbia
- Vasyl Zadvornyy, CEO, ProZorro, Government of Ukraine
- Niklas Kramer, Senior Policy Adviser, German Federal Ministry of Health