Increase Public Legal Knowledge (MN0040)
Action Plan: Mongolia Action Plan 2019-2021
Action Plan Cycle: 2019
Lead Institution: Central state administrative body in charge of justice
Support Institution(s): Legal Assistance Center; All level public administrative agencies, Mongolian Bar Association; Open Society Forum, Mongolian National Broadcaster- Radio and TV, other media Non-government organizations.
Policy AreasAccess to Justice, Capacity Building, E-Government, Human Rights, Justice, Marginalized Communities
Create conditions that programs on providing legal education to citizens are implemented equal, accessible and human rights based manner
Brief description of commitment:
-Develop special program for legal education provision taking into account of the target group needs and elaborate implementation plan. Within this framework, "Legal Guide" system will be established based in existing capacity and human resources of OGP stakeholders. In addition, all digital information channels will be used and materials will be distributed considering the accessibility of citizens to these channels.
-Improve conditions for target groups with special needs to deliver information on the rights of citizens as set forth in Law on Public Hearing, Law on Law Making and General Administrative Law.
Citizens' participation in decision making and access to information increased by adopting and implementing special program designated to provide legal knowledge to target groups. Prepared 50 legal guides for disseminating information to target groups, informal trainings organized constantly reaching out targeted 2000 citizens and increased the citizens' legal knowledge to a certain level.
1. Conduct study to identify needs of target group and content of legal education program
2. Develop methods and contents for sub-program on provision of legal education to the target group and elaborate plans for implementation
3. Establish human resources to work as Legal Guides for target groups, using the government and VSO partnership and develop and implement plan to ensure sustainable operations
4. Carry out evaluation on the implementation of government functions to provide citizens with information and getting feedback, as set for by Law on Public Hearing and General Administrative Law
5. Develop and implement a plan for improving performance based on findings of outcome analyses of enforcement of legislations