Open Response + Open Recovery Digital Forum
Across the globe, countries are struggling to respond to the unprecedented challenges of COVID-19. In early May, OGP hosted the Open Response + Open Recovery Digital Forum, a series of events designed to facilitate conversations around government responses to the coronavirus pandemic and how to move towards open and effective recovery efforts.
Following this successful series of events, OGP is now hosting regional conversations in May, June and July.
The thematic conversations will be complemented by region-specific conversations hosted and led by OGP Steering Committee members and other partners throughout May, June and July.
- Regional Dialogue of the Open Government Community in Europe
Thursday, June 25, 14:00 CET
Learn more here.
- Regional Dialogue of the Open Government Community in Latin America
Tuesday, May 12, 11:00 CDMX, Bogotá | 12:00 EDT | 13:00 Buenos Aires |
Only available in Spanish
DIGITAL FORUM: OPENING WEBINAR
Tuesday 5 May, 7am-8am EDT/12pm-1pm BST
Countries around the world are facing unprecedented challenges from COVID-19, and the need for openness, transparency, inclusion and accountability have rarely been greater. We know that those working in government are looking for ways to share information and connect with others in order to improve the global COVID-19 response. That’s why the Co-Chairs of the Open Government Partnership Steering Committee and Apolitical co-hosted a workshop on open government practices that respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and eventually move towards open and effective recovery efforts.
- Helen Clark, former Prime Minister of New Zealand and UNDP Administrator
- Sanjay Pradhan, Chief Executive Officer of OGP
- Cesar Gazzo, Undersecretary of Open Government and Digital Nation at the Chief of Cabinet of Minister of Argentina
- Robin Hodess, Governance Director at The B Team
- Jae-Young Lee, Deputy Minister of the Interior and Safety, South Korea
You can find the recorded version here.
DIGITAL FORUM: VIRTUAL THEMATIC CONVERSATIONS
Throughout the week of May 5-8, top open government leaders highlighted best practices around government responses to COVID-19, focusing on practical recommendations to help in tackling the current pandemic around five key themes:
- Strengthening Transparency and Accountability in Budgeting and Contracting
Tuesday 5 May, 10:00 ET, 14:00 GMT | Watch
- Open Service Delivery in Health – Communities and Governments Working Together
Wednesday 6 May, 9:00 ET, 13:00 GMT | Watch
- Keeping Information and Data out of Lockdown
Wednesday 6 May, 15:00 ET, 19:00 GMT | Watch
- Access to Justice and Open Government During a Pandemic
Thursday 7 May, 8:00 ET, 12:00 GMT | Watch
- Open Government and Digital Governance in the Time of COVID19
Thursday 7 May, 10:00 ET, 14:00 GMT | Watch